2019 Honda CRF450RX
- Electric Start: Kickstarting your bike is so 2016. By ditching the kickstarter entirely, our engineers can make the CRF450RX lighter. Electric starters and lithium-ion batteries are so light now and so good that putting them on a bike like this is a win/win combination. And winning is what a CRF450RX is all about.
- HRC Launch Control: We're talking about a special ECU program here: push the button to select the mode, hold the throttle open, release the clutch, and the CRF450RX will do the rest, launching you into the first turn with a big advantage. It turns your bike into a holeshot-seeking machine!
- Lighter Overall Weight: We shaved an additional 795 g (1.75 lb) from this year's CRF450RX—a surprise considering how light this bike already is. Where did it come from? Mostly from eliminating the kickstart option, but weight is weight, and on a racebike less of it is almost always better.
- 260mm Front Brake: The CRF450RX's large front-brake disc measures a whopping 260 mm. You get great brake feel and a pattern that cuts down on weight. Front and rear brake-disc guards are part of the package too.
- Engine Mode Select Button: This simple handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth and Aggressive, depending on course conditions.
- High-Capacity Resin Fuel Tank: For longer enduro loops, the CRF450RX features a bigger fuel tank that holds a full 8.5 litres.
- 449 cc Unicam Engine: Honda's Unicam cylinder heads combine the best of single and double-overhead-cam designs. The configuration contributes to a compact engine that saves weight over a comparable dual-overhead-camshaft motor and also permits a narrow included valve angle. This flattens the combustion chamber to facilitate ignition flame propagation, allowing a high compression ratio. Since less space is taken up in the cylinder head, the camshaft sits lower in the head for a more compact engine and a lower center of gravity.
- Dunlop Geomax Tires: The CRF450RX's Dunlop Geomax tires are specially designed for enduro use. The AT81 tires are spec'd at 90/90-21 for the front and 120/90-18 for the rear. You read that right: the CRF450RX rolls on an 18-inch rear wheel.
- Downdraft Fuel Injection: The CRF450RX features a downdraft intake tract and FI body to help increase both power and fuel-metering precision. It's part of the reason the CRF450RX offers such explosive power and massive torque, especially out of the starting line and in the critical first 30 meter (100 ft) of the race to the first turn.
- New Double-Spray Injector Settings: The CRF450RX's fuel-injection system sprays twice per intake cycle. That helps increase fuel atomization without adding the weight or complexity of a second injector. The better fuel atomization means more power in the midrange and on overrev—you'll feel it the first time you race.
- Cylinder Head Layout: The CRF450RX uses our latest finger-follower rocker design. The Unicam cylinder head remains one of the most efficient in the off-road world, giving you the design and performance of a double-overhead-cam layout but the compactness of a single-overhead-cam design.
- New Longer Head Pipes: Lengthening the CRF450RX's headpipes help give you better throttle response and top-end pull.
- “In Mold" Graphics: With the all the time you'll be spending in victory circle, you need to look your best. The 2019 CRF450RX has you covered. Our “in mold" graphics look great, and stay looking good longer.
- New Programmable ECU: Want to fine-tune your CRF450RX's power delivery to a specific riding style or course? It's easier than ever with the 2019 CRF450RX's programmable ECU.
- Skid Plate: A factory skid plate is light and offers the engine and lower-frame protection that a racer demands.
- 13.5:1 Compression Ratio: The cylinder head of CRF450RX features a refined squish area that helps boost compression to an impressive 13.5:1. That means improved combustion efficiency for more power.
Comfort & Handling
- New Renthal “Fatbar": The new aluminum Renthal® Fatbar® features a new bend too. The old Honda “CR" bend was legendary for getting it right, and this new fat bar is even better. It's the new standard of excellence—you're gonna love it!
- New Black Rims: They may not help you go faster, but the new black DID® rims this year sure look good.
- Flat Seat/Tank Junction: The CRF450RX features a flat seat/tank junction, including a titanium fuel tank. The superior ergonomics make it easier to move forward and back on the bike, increasing your control.
- Sidestand: Real enduro bikes need a sidestand, and we've given the CRF450RX a great one. Tucked up high and out of the way, this forged alloy piece is just another example of how the CRF450RX gets it right.
- Showa Spring Fork: The 49 mm Showa fork is specially tuned just for the CRF450RX, and features a conventional spring design that helps increase the CRF450RX's front-suspension precision, handling and feel.
- Next-Generation Aluminum Frame: The CRF450RX's Next-Gen twin spar aluminum frame positions the rear shock's mounting point lower, opening up the airbox area and contributing to a lower center of gravity for more holeshots. The frame geometry also helps improve traction, feeling and steering precision.
- New Swingarm: We've changed the way we build the CRF450RX's swingarm this year, fine-tuning the flex to work with the new chassis and give you better rear traction and cornering precision.
- Twin-Muffler Exhaust System: The CRF450RX's dual exhaust system is light, compact, and positioned close and low in the frame to take weight off the rear end and bring more mass to the bike's center for improved handling. It also allows for more air flow, and that equals added power.
- New Frame Members: We've stiffened up the CRF450RX's chassis to work better with the new swingarm. At the same time, we took some rigidity out of the rear subframe, to help maintain the bike's overall balance and feel.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 449 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Close-ratio, five speed
- Final Drive: #520 sealed chain; 13T/50T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: USD Telescopic Spring fork
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock
Dimensions & Additional Information
- Tires: Front: 90/90-21 Rear: 120/90-18
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Ground Clearance: 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 960 mm (37.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,477 mm (58.2 in.)
- Curb Weight: 115 kg (255 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 8.5 L
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: No warrranty
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Front Suspension
- USD Telescopic Spring fork
- Front Brakes
- 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 115 kg (255 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- 1,477 mm (58.2 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 960 mm (37.8 in.)
- Close-ratio, five speed
- Final Drive
- #520 sealed chain; 13T/50T
- Extreme Red
- No warrranty
Advertised price excludes applicable taxes and licensing. All off-road vehicles exclude taxes, licensing, freight and setup. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Contact dealer for details.