2019 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Call for Price
The DR-Z400S is ideal for taking a ride down your favorite off-road trail. You'll be impressed with the amount of torque coming from the 398cc liquid-cooled powerplant as well as the crisp handling from the adjustable suspension. This bike is completely street legal with an electric start and easy-to-read instrument cluster. Whether you're on the highway or in a tight twisty forest trail, the Suzuki DR-Z400S can't be beat.
Like the off road DR-Z400E it is based on, the DR-Z400S breaks new ground in off road/dual-sport riding by offering the broad, tractable power and torque of an advanced and a compact, light and agile chassis. Fully street-legal, the nimble handling and excellent 4-stroke engine for tackling runs also make the DR-Z400S a downright pleasure to ride on highway and city adventures.
- The DR-Z400S comes with a compact design, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine that produces strong low-rpm power. Its compact 4-valve cylinder head features 36mm intake valves and 29mm exhaust valves.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet.
- A Mikuni™ 36mm carburetor fed by a 6-liter airbox provides smooth throttle response. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
- Electric start system provides convenient operation and features a lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery.
- Magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
- A compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- A narrow chrome-moly steel frame is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank. A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance.
- Long travel, 49mm cartridge-style forks feature adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for all types of on/off-road terrain.
- A fully adjustable progressive linkage rear shock absorber (spring preload/compression damping adjustable) and aluminum swingarm for precise rear wheel control.
- Sure stopping power is supplied by a 250mm front disc brake with dual-piston caliper, and a 220mm rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
- Compact digital instrument cluster with speedometer, odometer, twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, timer and stopwatch functions.
- On-road legal lighting with bright 60/55 watt H4 halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals and horn.
- A pouch on the rear fender carries tool kit and the owner's manual.
- Type: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Displacement: 398cc
- Bore x Stroke: 90.0mm x 62.6mm (3.5in x2.5 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.3 : 1
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Overall Length: 2310 mm (90.9 in.)
- Overall Width: 875 mm (34.4 in.)
- Overall Height: 1230 mm (48.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1485 mm (58.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 300 mm (11.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 935 mm (36.8 in.)
- Curb Mass: 144 kg (317 lb.)
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil Spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 80/100-21 M/C 51P, tube type
- Tires Rear: 120/90-18 M/C 65P, tube type
- Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Fuel Tank: 10.0L (2.6 US gal.)
- Standard Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 90.0mm x 62.6mm (3.5 in. x2.5 in.)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.3 : 1
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil Spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 M/C 51P, tube type
- Rear Tire
- 120/90-18 M/C 65P, tube type
- 1485 mm (58.5 in.)
- Seat Height
- 935 mm (36.8 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 10.0L (2.6 US gal.)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 144 kg (317 lb.)
- 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Advertised price excludes applicable taxes and licensing. All off-road vehicles exclude taxes, licensing, freight and setup. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Contact dealer for details.